Miguel- Week 10

Yosso (2005) was an interesting read for me. Like August mentioned in her post. I often struggle with capital. I think much of it has to do with the historical context of the word capital and the ways in which Black and which Black Have been made Into capital and treated as capital gain. It was really interesting to see and read about the way Yosso (2005) described the CRT “family tree”. I wonder how might we as a class Identify a position ourselves within the same tree.

Today I presented at the CUNY faculty diversity and inclusion conference. It was a presentation done the highlight of the Five tenants of Critical Race Theory. It was interesting to hear CUNY faculty talk about how to challenge the dominant ideology through social justice framework. It was also interesting that it seemed folks did not want to name white supremacy culture as the dominant culture. Yosso (2005) Offered some interesting insights on social capital and during the presentation it was also interesting to see and hear how faculty talk about using social capital as a means for promotions. Overall I think the concept of social capital Means a lot into capitalism and I’ll also believe that folks have used social capital as a form and a means for resistanceI think I multiple truths here.